The responsibility of the Test Analyst is to work closely with internal and external teams to ensure the quality control of product deliverables to our customers in the commercial property and casualty insurance industry. This position will involve taking proprietary and third party software builds through functional tests, user interface tests, systems integration and regression tests. Will provide test planning, design, execution and maintenance as well as identify software deficiencies, assist developers and configuration analysts to reproduce those deficiencies and track those deficiencies to closure.
• Reviews business requirements on assigned project or projects
• Develops test cases on assigned project or projects
• Executes test cases on assigned project or projects
• Responsible for following the Software Quality Assurance methodology for all assignments.
• Author test plans and create test case scenarios around specific software applications and business processes.
• Execute test cases in a distributed and varied environment including HTML, web services, client/server, and database applications.
• Review and validate that test data and test execution results accurately reflect business requirements as outlined in the requirements specifications.
• Advocates the QA methodology to internal and external customers.
• 2 - 4 years BA/P&C experience
• Experience with either a Waterfall or Agile Methodology.
• Working knowledge of Software Quality Assurance practices such as managing defects, defining test strategies/plans/cases and the difference between different types of software testing.
• Experience with defect tracking tools and defect workflow.
• Ability to run automated scripts and analyze the results.
• Ability to work harmoniously in a team environment as well as independently with minimal direction.
• Knowledge of technical aspects of computer operations and data communications.
• Ability to prioritize work load, work effectively on several projects and concurrent tasks, and be able to meet project timelines.
• Ability to read XML.
• Ability to make SOAP web service calls through tools, such as SoapUI.
• Ability to write and execute SQL queries